If your kids are like mine, they won’t eat the vegetables whole, or if they can tell that there are any in the food itself. I like to just run them through the food processor and add cheese when I cook them. The cheese probably cancels out any sort of hopes at a healthy meal, but at least they’re getting the veggies in too!
Bake Time: 25-35 Minutes
2C frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrot mixed veggies
(Or Fresh, we just have frozen on hand)
1 24oz Can of Meat flavored pasta sauce
1 large Box of Pasta
1lb of Ground Beef
1/2 – 1 c of cheese (Really depends on how much you love cheese!)
1. Boil water for pasta and brown meat together. When it’s boiling throw in pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking, run the veggies (still frozen) through the food processor. When meat is browned rinse it off and stir in sauce. (It will heat in the oven.)
3. Stir cheese into the frozen vegetable crumbles (or paste if you used fresh)
4. Strain pasta, mix with meat and sauce. Then mix them all together in a casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
5. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until the cheese sprinkled on the top is to your desired melt or crisp level.